Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bubble Walls

I have always been bored with the walls of my living room. The owners of the home before us had painted them brown. Brown like chocolate milk as some of my friends say, I say brown like a baby who ate roses then shat it out. Needless to say I really do no like my wall colors.

And well as I own my home, I have the creative right to do what I want to it. Late one February night I was bored as usual but wanted to paint. The owners left some of the house paint behind so we might touch up the walls should be need to. After digging out some white high gloss and some paint brushes, pulling all the furniture away from the walls I got started.

BUBBLES! Dripping Bubbles to be exact. I free handed the bubbles onto the wall to create a more organic look and allowed the paint to drip down the walls. The drips hold little pools of paint on the bottom when they are dried so when I do paint the living room that beautiful rich light green, I will have to go around with a blade and cut off those nubs.

But it allowed me to exercise a little of my creative freedom.


1 comment:

  1. Haha I got to see these in person before I even read about them!

    ReplyDelete