Friday, February 20, 2009

My City of Austin

Sitting at home in front of my computer, my connection to the world, I recalled my day. I was outside with Chris for most of it. Outside, meaning out of my home. I went with him after making some breakfast to his doctors appointment and filled his prescription. He has once again fallen ill yet is not contagious or actually sick. He just has what seems to be a bad cough and lost his voice. However, along with any cough of his come the phlegm.

We filled his prescriptions and came home when I got a cleaning streak and sent through the front of the house and thoroughly cleaned the windows and screens as well as raked the front garden and watered. All the while, enjoying the wind rustling the leaves on the ground as well as in the trees. It was soothing and refreshing to be outside working as the sun went down.

It made me think about the life I have here. Being out in the city and, well, simply being outside in Texas. It is different that in California where everything is buildings, asphalt and cement. Here things are green and vibrant. I have so many places I can go and see. All of the opportunity.

I am amazed that all of this is so close to me (I am by no means a party girl).

Barton Springs (image not by me)


Hamilton Pool (image not by me)


Barton Creek Green belt (image not by me)


Mount Bonnell (image not by me)


1 comment:

  1. hamilton pool is so beautiful! i miss it (and austin)

    ReplyDelete