Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Years Resolutions: UPDATE

I know it is a little bit late but I wanted to update on what my Resolutions are.

When I was younger(middle school and high school) I read for hours on end. I adored books and read quite a bit. It classified me as a geek that followed me till the end of high school.

I attempted to read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. A total at the time of 10 books that has not spanned up to 12. After reading over 3520 pages into the series (only one third of the way into book 5) I was, as you can say, burned out on reading. That was my sophomore year in high school.

I continued to love reading but never picked it back up. I went on with my life and found that my desire grew as time went on to pick up a new book and follow through. I began working at a library and found that I was finding many books that I would love to some day pick up.

In the end of 2008 I made my choice. For the year of 2009 I was going to read a new book every week. That totals to 52 books in a year. At this time it is week number 9 in the year 2009.

I have read a total of 12 books which includes 3 series series and 3 independent books.

The titles include:

Wicked
Son of a Witch
A Lion Among Men

The City of Ember
The People of Sparks
The Prophet of Yonwood
The Diamond of Darkhold

The Looking Glass Wars
Seeing Redd

Coraline

The Graveyard Book

The Invention of Hugo Cabaret


(Ordered by series)

I highly recommend all of these titles to whomever likes fantasy and a read that is not muddled with the stressed and frustrations of the adult world.

No comments:

Post a Comment