Sunday, February 22, 2009

Worth Mentioning

Back when I was young (Funny having said that and only being 21 years of age at this time, so still really young) and found that reading was a great escape I was in elementary school. I have always been above my own reading level. In fact in 4th grade I was reading at a college level and I loved every minute of it. I had found that fantasy and science fiction were the most appealing of genres.

Here is a list of my favorite books:

The Witches of Eileanan (Book 1)
The pool of Two Moons (Book 2)
The Cursed Towers (Book 3)
The Forbidden Land (Book 4)
The Skull of the World (Book 5)
The Fathomless Caves (Book 6)

The Kingdom of Kevin Malone

The Keeper of the Isis Light

The Black Swan

Once Upon a Winters Night

The Rowan


All these titles are of the Fantastical genera and have touched me at a young age. I will go back to these titles over and over again and would love to expand on them more.

Dennis McKiernan author of Once Upon a Winters Night has written 4 other book in this compilation of fantasy folklore and old tales rewritten anew. They are titled:

Once Upon a Dreadful Time
Once Upon a Spring Morn
Once Upon a Summer Day
Once Upon a Autumn Eve
Once Upon a Winters Night


I wish that Monica Hughes and Kate Forsyth the authors of The Keeper of the Isis Light and The Witches of Eileanan series had other books or more of them that I could submerge myself into.

I highly recommend every one of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment