Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Two Weeks Into My Life

I am getting frustrated with things that are occurring around my home.

Within the last two weeks:

Our plumbing backed up again for the 4th time in one year and we had to have someone come out and clear everything in the pipes. Roots came up out of the pipe but it is so far down the pipe that it is at the connector where our sewage meets the city. We have to dig up the side walk and get approval from the city to cut the roots (it is apparently illegal with out a certification to cut a root even if it is yours) and then remove the roots and relay the pipe.

Then our internet went out again for the second time in about two months. Turns out that Kieran chewed on the cable that was pushed up out of the ground due to roots and has been like that since we purchased the house. He chewed on it now.... So we got someone out here to re-lay the cable and unfortunately he can not burry it, another company does that. So for three days we have been on top of the dog going into the back yard. We have waited with them when they go out for potty breaks and have been keeping them in the house 24/7 to avoid more chewing till it can be buried again. The first visit was free and we were informed that if he chews it again we have to pay for them to come out and relay it. Well last night Kieran was out using the bathroom and in 5 minutes he chewed the entire cable practically in half. The annoying thing is that when we purchased the home, no one informed us that these cables were even being used. So the cable technician needs to come back out and relay it and we have to wait 3-4 more days after that for them to come and burry the cable. However to root that was the original problem because it pushed the cable to the surface  over a year ago can not be cut with out that certification from the city. So now we have to wait with the dogs even longer till it can be re-laid. 

Last week we had some people from the electric company come out and look in our backyard for the trees that are by the telephone poles and are too close to the wires. They need 8 feet of clearance. Well they are laying on the cables. All of this neighborhood's trees are. So in about 4-6 weeks we have tree trimers coming out to cut those trees back in our back yard.

Walking through my home I found that some cracks were appearing in the walls above and below where the windows are. My windows already leak and are not sealed properly, half of them are missing their screens and some of them, the glass has moved in the frame of the window and there is now a separation of the glass itself and allows for drafts. my home is falling apart and I hate it. I am watering around the home and the yards to keep the soil moist so that the house does not shift from the soil moving. I asked my neighbor and she said that yes cracks in this neighborhood are very common. Great.

My trees have not been trimmed in longer than they should have been and I am worried about a branch breaking and falling onto my roof and damaging it. So I need to get to trees trimmed and the soil that I am watering is so hard packed that I need to aerate it. My neighbors all had their yards done however I don't have the money to even by food for myself or my dogs. I looked into renting one and how to actually aerate, and I need to get the soil as moist as I can for a week then I am going to go rent one from Home Depot for $43
 for four hors and do my yard then I can fertilize and water after and hopefully my home and yard will be happy with that.

Chris and I are down to $1.14 in my account and $8.49 in Chris's. Chris is ill with an upper respiratory infection (Bronchitis) and his voice is completely gone. He is not contagious but we went to the community clinic for a cheaper doctors visit and they gave him some more stuff to take. 

Chris's "job" hired him on with the idea that he would be getting paid $30 dollars a night and tips. The night he started the owner stated that he was going to get 30% commission on the calls he takes (Chris is a designated driver). Well he was going to a call one night and was pulled over on the Zingo bike (the bike they issue to him from the company to take the calls on) for driving a unregistered vehicle and impeding the speed limit. The bikes only go about 35-45 MPH and he was going up hill. He will given a ticket for both those issues and for not wearing a helmet. (He did not have his insurance on him) He missed three call that night because of the officer and there fore does not get paid. The bike however is registered and allowed to run under a code in the DPS. Also they are a HUGE thin in Washington DC!

He now has to go to court to get this issue resolved because one officer is a fucked up retarded person who does not even know what he is enforcing.... The greedy power hungry bastard.

Our cat Fayt was bit by a snake and had to go in to get medications and that cost us. It cost us our money and our mental stability for keeping him in the house with the dogs as well as trying to remember his medications on top of everything else.

Chris does not have a "real" job (one that brings in any money as he only makes about $10.00 a week), mine is not doing much other than keeping us from falling into the red head first. We are slowly going in feet first. We are submerged in the red and I don't know how we are both still living. We have someone moving in to the spare room but he might not have a job either when he gets here meaning we will be out a room to rent for someone who has a stable job.

With all of this, I have to work and I am getting a few more hours to help but that cuts back on my time for everything else. I get to work, take care of a sick Chris, clean the house (sweep daily, do dishes, laundry, take care of the yard work, organize, dust, vacuum, put the dogs in and out, clean the garage, water the yard, ETC.) I also have to do the shopping, keep track of the things we need, pay the bills and stress over if we can afford something or not, and be happy so that Chris does not feel worthless for not having a job and sitting at home and looking for one and gaming to try to relax and get better.

My mother and father are also sinking and in that my mother is ill with cancer and chemo. My father has heart conditions that every time my mom and dad call and I am not able to get to the phone I think something horrible has happened to one or both of them. I ache from all of this.

I am exhausted.... and I am ready to cry and lay on my side and simply pass away into nothing.







No comments:

Post a Comment